Customer Service ( )
- Small storage
- Home office & office furniture
- Books & magazines
- Patio & Garden
- For Kids
- Moomin products
- Gift ideas
- St. George Collection
- Meander Collection
A table is a central piece of the interior in almost every room of the house. Large tables invite people to spend time together, and small tables offer a base for objects and plants. A well-designed and well-built table is a treasure that lasts more than a lifetime. Find the perfect tables for your life from Finnish Design Shop!
Tables that stand the test of time
Best tables are more than just functional pieces of furniture – they can also be works of art. With their clean lines and timeless designs, classic Nordic tables are designed to blend seamlessly into the home, adding both function and style to any room. Tables can also be one-of-a-kind statement pieces that add a pop of colour to a space. So if you’re searching for a new table with a Scandinavian flair, look no further!
What kind of tables are there?
Tables come in all possible shapes, sizes and styles, the most common types being:
bring people together for delicious meals and good conversation. They come in all shapes and sizes, so you can find one that’s just right for your family or dinner party.
• Coffee tables are little hubs for all the action in your living room, perfect for holding drinks, snacks, books, and anything else you want to keep close at hand while lounging on the couch.
• Desks serve as an essential workspace both in offices and homes; they come in a variety of styles, and sizes, ranging from compact writing desks or spacious executive desks.
• Side tables and end tables are small, often narrow tables that make a versatile and practical addition to any living space.
• Nightstands and bedside tables provide a convenient surface for keeping important items close at hand, while also serving as a decorative element to complement the overall look of the bedroom.
• Kitchen carts and trolleys help you move heavy pots and pans, serve up delicious meals and drinks, and store all your kitchen essentials in style.
• Patio tables are perfect for enjoying a sunny day and good food in your own backyard, public terrace or out in a park.
How to use tables in home decor?
Tables not only help to create separate levels for different functions in a room but also bring a sense of unity. Tabletops in different heights add more layers to the space, allowing various elements to blend seamlessly together. Large tables, such as dining tables and desks , often serve as the focal point of the room, allowing you to organise other functions around them. They also have a significant impact on the colour and material palette of the room, so be sure to choose them to match the surrounding space. Smaller tables, such as side tables , nightstands and coffee tables offer more versatility: you can easily change their places and functions whenever needed, making it simple to update your home decor. And don’t forget customization – for example, many stools and storage units can also double as small tables, and you can create a custom table by combining table legs with a top of your choice.
What is the best material for a table?
When it comes to choosing the best material for a table, there’s no one-size-fits-all answer! It really depends on your personal style, needs and preferences. Here are a few popular options to consider:
• Wood: Solid wood tables are known for their durability and natural character – with proper care and maintenance, solid wood tables can last for generations. Finishing options range from oiled, waxed and soap-treated wood to stained, lacquered and painted. Veneer tables, on the other hand, have a thin layer of high-quality wood on the surface – they require less maintenance and are often cheaper compared to solid wood tables.
• Metal: For a more industrial feel, metal tables are a great option. They are strong, durable, and perfect for those who love a little bit of an edge in their decor. They are also super easy to clean.
• Glass: Sleek and elegant, glass tables make any room feel brighter and more open. High-quality glass tables are often made from safe and durable tempered glass.
• Marble: If you want a table that makes a statement, stone or marble is the way to go. Marble tables are heavy, luxurious and heat-resistant, and due to the natural material, each piece is unique.
• Laminate: Laminate tables are a great, often budget-friendly option, that comes in a variety of colours. Easy to clean and maintain.
• Linoleum: An eco-friendly option made from natural materials, linoleum has a warm character which develops a beautiful patina over time. Plus, linoleum tables don’t show fingerprints!
Inspiration for choosing a new table
Here are a few articles from our online magazine Design Stories to help you find a new table best suited to your style and needs.
Dining table invites you to enjoy the company and tasty meals
• Here’s how to choose a suitable coffee table – 6 tips for success >
• 7 helpful tips for choosing the nightstand of your dreams! >
• Ask the Customer Service: “What’s the difference between laminate and linoleum on Artek tables?” >